Fictional characters. Sometimes you like them, sometimes you loathe them, and sometimes you’re half in love with them. Want to get to know someone in a hurry? Swap character crush stories; it’s the ultimate icebreaker!
Reel Infatuation is a reader participation virtual cyclopedia of character crushes. It’s a symbiotic, interactive platform built on the old-fashioned notion of give-and-take. We want to hear all about your film, television, and literary loves! Are your stories sweet, silly, embarrassing, or seemingly inexplicable? Share ’em! First crushes, old crushes, new crushes? Bring ’em on! You show us yours, and we’ll show you ours!
Our goal is to share as many character crush stories with as many people as possible. Think of it as a continuing conversation joined by thousands of voices from around the world: you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll occasionally be totally confused. Sounds fun, doesn’t it?
Reel Infatuation is comprised of this fabulous introductory blogathon, a website, Facebook page, and Twitter account. All stories will be cross-posted in order to maximize the fun! After the (first annual) blogathon is over, we’ll keep the party going on all of the other platforms.
THE REEL INFATUATION BLOGATHON…
IT’S IN THE DETAILS:
- Remember: The character is the thing! We’re looking to hear all about specific character crushes, not generically dreamy performers.
- Our main focus is cinema, but your character crushes may come from different media (television, books), any era (silents, early talkies, contemporary sources), any language, etc. Is your favourite character from a silent Italian film or a new Korean novel? Please share!
- Duplicates and multiple entries are not only allowed, but encouraged. The more the merrier (or even The More the Merrier, co-starring multiple character crush Joel McCrea)…
- Please post on the day of your choice!
After signing up for the blogathon, be sure to grab a banner or two!
SIGN UP HERE:
We (myself and my partner-in-pop-culture, Ruth* of Silver Screenings) are incredibly excited to share this project with you! If you think it sounds half as fun as we do, please spread the word! On that note…
JOIN THE CONVO TODAY!
In addition to the blogathon, you may submit your stories at any time via email, Facebook message, directly to our Facebook wall, or by tweeting! (We will take care of the cross-posting duties.) Please include the following information:
- Your name/nickname/handle (if you’d like to remain anonymous, let us know)
- Name of your character crush (role/actor/book character)
- Source film/television show/book (if possible, include the year of release/air dates/publication)
- Your story
We ask that you keep your non-Twitter/non-blogathon posts to a maximum of 300 words each. There is no cap on how many stories you may share! Keep ’em coming!
- email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/reelinfatuation/timeline
- Twitter: @reelinfatuation (using the #reelinfatuation and/or #charactercrush hashtags)
- Blog: reelinfatuation
Help us break the Internet, and all things pop culture, by spreading the word about Reel Infatuation. Thanks for being awesome.
*Kudos to Ruth for making the beautiful blogathon banners!