An unexpected gift from my husband…he knows me well.
Tag Archives: Punk Rock
Daily Diversion #456: The Clash
Happy Birthday, Joe Strummer!
Happy International Clash Day!
Daily Diversion #433: Sunday Reading…
Tea (not shown): English Rose
What I’m Reading: 18th October 2019
My book consumption slowed to a trickle in the weeks surrounding our move. Too much to do, too little sleep, no time to think or, after a certain point, properly process words. It was that draining. No joke.
Now that most of the volumes are back on their shelves, my reading is nearly back to its normal, healthy pace. Yay!
Here’s what I’m actively digging at the moment:
- Murder in St. Augustine: The Mysterious Death of Athalia Ponsell Lindsley by Elizabeth Randall (I’m including this book, even though I finished it last night.)
- Let Fury Have the Hour: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer Edited and with an Introduction by Antonio D’Ambrosio
- Hollywood Character Actors by James Robert Parish with Earl Anderson, Richard E. Braff, John Robert Cocchi, and Harry Purvis
- A Glorious Freedom: Older Women Leading Extraordinary Lives by Lisa Congdon
- Sex with Kings: 500 Years of Adultery, Power, Rivalry, and Revenge by Eleanor Herman
- A Little Tour in France by Henry James
What are you reading this week? Please share in the comments!
The Legendary Richard Lloyd
We saw Richard Lloyd (co-founder of iconic band Television) in concert last night!
It was epic.
Daily Diversion #405: Converse
A new pair of pale purple Converse (courtesy of my husband):
[Book Nerd Links] Norman Mailer, Tom Wolfe, Punk/No-Wave, and Book Illustrations
- YOU, TOO, CAN LIVE IN NORMAN MAILER’S HOUSE [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- TOM WOLFE, STRAIGHT-ARROW VIRGINIA GENT [THE PARIS REVEIW]
- FABULOUS PHOTOS FROM NYC’S PUNK AND NO-WAVE ERA [FLAVORWIRE]
- STUNNING ILLUSTRATIONS FOR NEW EDITIONS OF ‘FAHRENHEIT 451’ AND ‘I AM LEGEND’ [FLAVORWIRE]