The Book Loft of German Village, April 2017:
I always shop for books and calendars between Christmas and New Year’s Day. As usual, I ended up with quite the eclectic mix (although the combination makes sense in my head). Do you like to buy books this time of year?
M is for Miller, Arthur:
L is for London, Jack:
K is for Kafka, Franz:
If I’m not reading, I’m adding books to my to-be-read list. That list is monstrously long–maybe not a mile, but getting there!
Here are some of my newest additions, courtesy of Bas Bleu, Daedalus, and Hamilton Book.
- The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson. (#UL6792) $28.00.
- Girl Waits With Gun by Amy Stewart. (#UL6072) $14.95. (Great title!)
- Lady Cop Makes Trouble by Amy Stewart. (#UL6202) $26.00. (Even greater title!)
- Cassandra at the Wedding by Dorothy Baker. (#UK5112) $7.48.
- The Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee. (#UL3972) $28.00.
H is for Hardy, Thomas:
G is for Gaskell, Elizabeth:
This is the outside of a terrific little second-hand book shop in McKinney, Texas, called The Book Gallery. They have thousands of old and rare books, as well as a sweet dog named Abby (not pictured).