- Remembering Alice Mayhew, Legendary Editor [LITHUB]
- Kamau Brathwaite: 1930-2020 [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Hollywood Pays Tribute to “Incredible Icon” Kirk Douglas [THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER]
- Inside the Last Occupied Apartments of the Chelsea Hotel [THE NEW YORK TIMES STYLE MAGAZINE]
- Reading Beyond the Wall: 7 Acclaimed Books About and From East Germany [LIT HUB]
- Kurt Vonnegut’s Advice for the Impatient Writer [LIT HUB]
- ‘The Movie Musical!’ Is A Symphony In Praise Of The ‘Razzmatazz’ Of The Genre [NPR]
My book consumption slowed to a trickle in the weeks surrounding our move. Too much to do, too little sleep, no time to think or, after a certain point, properly process words. It was that draining. No joke.
Now that most of the volumes are back on their shelves, my reading is nearly back to its normal, healthy pace. Yay!
Here’s what I’m actively digging at the moment:
- Murder in St. Augustine: The Mysterious Death of Athalia Ponsell Lindsley by Elizabeth Randall (I’m including this book, even though I finished it last night.)
- Let Fury Have the Hour: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer Edited and with an Introduction by Antonio D’Ambrosio
- Hollywood Character Actors by James Robert Parish with Earl Anderson, Richard E. Braff, John Robert Cocchi, and Harry Purvis
- A Glorious Freedom: Older Women Leading Extraordinary Lives by Lisa Congdon
- Sex with Kings: 500 Years of Adultery, Power, Rivalry, and Revenge by Eleanor Herman
- A Little Tour in France by Henry James
What are you reading this week? Please share in the comments!
Be sure to check out of all of yesterday’s fabulous RI Blogathon entries. So much crush-worthy goodness.
Day One is in the books!
The best thing about the Reel Infatuation Blogathon, besides gushing about film characters, is exploring a love of movies. Many of the characters we love are in films we love, and it’s a pleasure to discover which characters (and movies) people are passionate about.
Today’s entries are wonderful. They explore characters and character – the noble qualities in a person. We think you’ll enjoy them immensely.
Bloggers: If we missed your post today, we’ll include you in tomorrow’s recap.
Words Seem out of Place
Thirty Years of Loving Michelle Pfeiffer as Susie Diamond
A Person in the Dark
Biff Grimes: Character Crush ‘Cause Character Counts
Fading, but not Forgotten
The One-Handed Wolf Who Digs La Boheme: Why I love Ronny Cammareri
Daisy, Daisy The Great Gatsby’s Going Crazy, All for the Love of You
The Story Enthusiast
Melanie Wilkes of Gone With the…
View original post 53 more words
The annual Reel Infatuation Blogathon starts Friday! I can’t wait.
We can’t wait to catch up with you at the Reel Infatuation Blogathon starting this Friday.
This is where we dish about our secret (or not-so-secret) film or book character crushes – past or present. Click HERE for the original announcement and list of participants.
If you, like us, are having trouble picking one fictional character, you can choose two or three!
If you haven’t yet signed up, there’s still time to join us. Just grab a banner and let us know your choice.
See you at the party!
This is one of my favorite times of the year. Spring has returned, and she’s brought her best friends with her: birds, buds, and every shade of green known to humankind. On her coattails rides another, albeit lesser, reason to be a little giddy…
As usual, I am terribly excited to read everyone’s entries. The diversity, passion, and intelligent commentary participants bring to this blogathon is truly extraordinary. The #charactercrush phenomenon is universal AND so much fun, y’all.
As for my 2019 choice? Behold…
Can you guess who?
My co-host, the brilliant Ruth of Silver Screenings, has posted all of the details on her site. If you have a question that we haven’t already addressed, please head to the comments with your enquiry.
Ready to sign up? Leave a comment here, on Silver Screenings, or send a tweet to @925screenings.
See ya in June.
PS-Ruth outdid herself on the banners this year. You can find all four options on her official blogathon announcement post.
The 2018 Reel Infatuation Blogathon is here!
Hey there, readers! The 2018 Reel Infatuation Blogathon is officially here.
Remember: once your post is up, please link it in the comments section here or on the re-blogs on Silver Screenings or A Small Press Life. We’re so excited to read your contributions. Thanks a million!
PS-It’s not too late to join us. Read the details here.
Only five days away!
Yes, it’s almost time for another round of crush-sharing! We hope you’re as excited as we are, which is to say we kind of feel like this right now…
We have to go work on our RI post now (oh, Artie Gordon!), but we’ll see you on the 8th!
Thanks to Ruth of Silver Screenings for being our fab co-host!