Isn’t it dreamy? The artist is Anna Whelan Betts.
Nancy Cunard-poet, publisher, and activist-was famously fashion-forward. In this photo, she looks like she could step out of the current issue of any high fashion magazine.
That sleek belted-jacket is everything, with the statement necklace and her signature piled-on bracelets both coming in a close second.
Nice short documentary about Maelcum Soul, who was associated with John Waters and Divine.
A wee flower plucked from my grandma’s garden:
Georgia O’Keeffe is so intrinsically and eternally elegant that mere fashion doesn’t matter; it’s a blip on an inconsequential radar. Unlike aesthetic conformity, personal style effortlessly squashes large spans of time into nothingness.
Don’t believe me?
This image of the legendary artist is 97 years old.
There’s so much to love about this look, this vibe, this scene.
Where to start?
- Her focused and intelligent gaze?
- The uplift of her eyebrow?
- The sublime beauty that attends every artist as they are working on their craft, which is powerfully evident here?
- That luxuriously thick and practical sweater, with its large buttons, worn over a thin throw-it-on-and-forget-about-it dress?
- Those boots? Those boots.
Fierce. Every last bit. Fierce.
“Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort.”-Jane Austen