This is a close-up of the wallpaper mural at Austen & Company. The Biblioteca Wallpaper is by Ekaterina Panikanova. Isn’t it delightful?
- Emma Takes Place in a Bright Georgian Dollhouse [ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST]
- Baby Peggy, Child Star of Silent Films, Dies at 101 [THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER]
- Emily Dickinson’s White Dress [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Pittsburgh Literary Anthology Centers Stories Of Black Women [WESA]
- On the trail of African American artists and writers in Paris [CNN]
- The Collages of Max Ernst [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Poverty, Anxiety, and Gender in Scottish Working-Class Literature [LITHUB]
- ‘Little Legends’ Celebrates Big Lives Of Black History [NPR BOOKS]
Duncan is loving our first snow of winter. He wasn’t happy when I told him to come back inside, though.
- Remembering Alice Mayhew, Legendary Editor [LITHUB]
- Kamau Brathwaite: 1930-2020 [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Hollywood Pays Tribute to “Incredible Icon” Kirk Douglas [THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER]
Found this chilling in a puddle under our car: