This is a close-up of the wallpaper mural at Austen & Company. The Biblioteca Wallpaper is by Ekaterina Panikanova. Isn’t it delightful?
- Emma Takes Place in a Bright Georgian Dollhouse [ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST]
- Baby Peggy, Child Star of Silent Films, Dies at 101 [THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER]
- Emily Dickinson’s White Dress [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Pittsburgh Literary Anthology Centers Stories Of Black Women [WESA]
- On the trail of African American artists and writers in Paris [CNN]
- The Collages of Max Ernst [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Poverty, Anxiety, and Gender in Scottish Working-Class Literature [LITHUB]
- ‘Little Legends’ Celebrates Big Lives Of Black History [NPR BOOKS]
Duncan is loving our first snow of winter. He wasn’t happy when I told him to come back inside, though.
- Remembering Alice Mayhew, Legendary Editor [LITHUB]
- Kamau Brathwaite: 1930-2020 [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Hollywood Pays Tribute to “Incredible Icon” Kirk Douglas [THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER]
Found this chilling in a puddle under our car:
As some of you know, my mom is opening a business…and it’s a family affair. Austen & Company is many parts that we hope will make a cohesive, if quirky, whole: Tea and tea accessories, coffee, desserts, books, art, events, curiosities, import snacks, and cocktails. Whew, that’s a lot!
We’re not open yet, but, this being 2020, Austen & Company is already on social media. Both our Instagram and Facebook pages are full of sneak peeks. We’re doing an Instagram series highlighting some of the books we’ll be selling in-store. Even if you’re not local, hey, who doesn’t like pretty pics of books?
Thanks for indulging me!