I always shop for books and calendars between Christmas and New Year’s Day. As usual, I ended up with quite the eclectic mix (although the combination makes sense in my head). Do you like to buy books this time of year?
Another year is (almost) over. Before we flip the calendar to 2016, and start new reading lists, let’s look back at the reading year that was. I’ll share if you reciprocate in the comments!
- How many books did you read this year? 50+. My numbers were held down by many heavy, lengthy books.
- Which genre prevailed? Nonfiction, by miles and miles.
- Which book was your fave? A Writer’s Diary by Virginia Woolf.
- Least fave? If You Want to Write: A Book About Art, Independence and Spirit by Brenda Ueland. My loathing for this book knows no bounds.
- Recommend three books from your list. The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore; Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys by Viv Albertine; Van Gogh: The Life by Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith.
PART TWO WILL APPEAR IN THE NEW YEAR!
A totally unexpected, early Christmas gift from The Chef:
Although I’m feeling anything but invincible these days, I still think this Wonder Woman mural decorating a wall in the women’s restroom at the High Beck Tavern in Columbus is pretty amazing!
“The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.”-Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms
“You have power over your mind-not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”-Marcus Aurelius