“I am reading six books at once, the only way of reading; since, as you will agree, one book is only a single unaccompanied note, and to get the full sound, one needs ten others at the same time.”–Virginia Woolf
I definitely have a book “problem.” In my defense, I bought this with a gift certificate I received for Christmas (from The Chef, of course).
The Book Loft of German Village, April 2017:
The newest member of my silent movie book library:
March is a transitional month: the weather, seasons, and reading habits are all in flux. For me, the latter has been a big disappointment. I still haven’t been able to get my reading pace up to its normal levels. Oh, well! There’s always April!
Since 1st March, I’ve read:
- I Loved Her in the Movies: Memories of Hollywood’s Legendary Actresses by Robert Wagner and Scott Eyman
- Hot from Harlem: Twelve African American Entertainers, 1890-1960 by Bill Reed
- You Must Remember This: Life and Style in Hollywood’s Golden Age by Robert Wagner and Scott Eyman
I promise to do better in April!
What is your favorite book this month?
Which book on your list do you most look forward to reading?
Please share in the comments!
I’m not a fan of actor Robert Wagner, but his book I Loved Her in the Movies: Memories of Hollywood’s Legendary Actresses (written with Scott Eyman) is fun and entertaining. It’s good lazy day reading.
I enjoyed this book so much that I bought a copy.
Today is the start of a new season (hello, spring!), which I think is the perfect time to share a new reading list! Let’s jump right in!
- City of Fortune: How Venice Ruled the Seas by Roger Crowley ($6.98) #70307
- Centuries of Change: Which Century Saw the Most Change and Why it Matters to Us by Ian Mortimer ($7.98) #64307
- Underworld London: Crime and Punishment in the Capital City by Catharine Arnold ($4.98) #70519
- The Last September by Elizabeth Bowen ($4.98) #70327
- On London by Charles Dickens ($3.98) #53757
- West’s World: The Extraordinary Life of Dame Rebecca West by Lorna Gibb ($4.98) #53607
- Beethoven: The Man Revealed by John Suchet ($6.98) #61107
- The Stardust Revolution: The New Story of Our Origin in the Stars by Jacob Berkowitz ($6.98) #62330
- The Great War in 3D: 1914-1918–A Book Plus a Stereoscopic Viewer and 35 3D Photos of Men In Battle by Jean-Pierre Verney ($7.98) #70594
- By the Book: Writers on Literature and the Literary Life from The New York Times Book Review Edited by Pamela Paul ($6.98) #70043
- The Fool’s Tale by Nicole Galland ($4.98) #70176
- Why Homer Matters by Adam Nicolson ($6.98) #70041
- The 40s: The Story of a Decade (The New Yorker) Edited by Henry Finder ($6.98) #70288
- Recollections of Virginia Woolf by Her Contemporaries Edited by Joan Russell Noble ($4.98) #63001
- Eighty Days: Nellie Bly and Elizabeth Bisland’s History-Making Race Around the World by Matthew Goodman ($4.98) #70315
- A Midwife’s Tale: The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812 by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ($4.98) #70336
- The Year 1000: What Life was Like at the Turn of the First Millennium by Robert Lacey & Danny Danziger ($5.98) #70129
- Mildred Pierce by James M. Cain ($5.98) #70337
- Just One Catch: A Biography of Joseph Heller by Tracy Daugherty ($4.98) #33185