Some weeks involve direct research about J or her family; other weeks are devoted to general history reading. I’m currently in a flurry of the latter activity. I learn a lot during these times, just not about J. It’s all necessary and enjoyable work. Time well spent.
After I’ve finished my current book (see below) the pendulum will likely swing back the other way. I love history, but I might just love J even more. That is saying something.
RESEARCH NOTES WEEK 7:
- VICTORY: Waking up every day and doing the thing regardless of what the days threw at me.
- HAPPY DISCOVERY: None. I’m okay with that because I learned tremendous amounts of historical information.
- FRUSTRATION: Also none. That’s a win.
- CURRENTLY READING: A Square Meal: A Culinary History of the Great Depression by Jane Ziegelman and Andrew Coe
- HOURS SPENT ON RESEARCH: 7
Until next time!