Happy 68th, wherever you are!
Tag Archives: Joe Strummer
Happy International Clash Day!
Daily Diversion #433: Sunday Reading…
Tea (not shown): English Rose
What I’m Reading: 18th October 2019
My book consumption slowed to a trickle in the weeks surrounding our move. Too much to do, too little sleep, no time to think or, after a certain point, properly process words. It was that draining. No joke.
Now that most of the volumes are back on their shelves, my reading is nearly back to its normal, healthy pace. Yay!
Here’s what I’m actively digging at the moment:
- Murder in St. Augustine: The Mysterious Death of Athalia Ponsell Lindsley by Elizabeth Randall (I’m including this book, even though I finished it last night.)
- Let Fury Have the Hour: The Punk Rock Politics of Joe Strummer Edited and with an Introduction by Antonio D’Ambrosio
- Hollywood Character Actors by James Robert Parish with Earl Anderson, Richard E. Braff, John Robert Cocchi, and Harry Purvis
- A Glorious Freedom: Older Women Leading Extraordinary Lives by Lisa Congdon
- Sex with Kings: 500 Years of Adultery, Power, Rivalry, and Revenge by Eleanor Herman
- A Little Tour in France by Henry James
What are you reading this week? Please share in the comments!
[Beautiful Wisdom from] Joe Strummer: 21 August 1952-22 December 2002
Reblogging this on what would have been Joe’s 64th birthday!
A Small Press Life: Books. Art. Writing. Life. Tea.
Joe Strummer Quote
Happy Birthday, Mr. Strummer!
If my soul could sing, it would sound like Joe Strummer.
Joe Strummer: 21 August 1952-22 December 2002
Three Day Quote Challenge-Day Three: George Bernard Shaw and Joe Strummer
The rules call for one quote per day. Ever the rebel, I’m ending the challenge with two. I will not choose between my favourite (dead) writers, and you can’t make me! Waaaahhhhh!
Thus ends this fun exercise. Thanks for reading!
I was nominated for the Three Day Quote Challenge by Sita Rasa. Thanks so much!
Here are the actual “rules” for the quote challenge:
– Post one quote for three days (they may be your words or from another source)
– Nominate three bloggers each day to participate
– Thank the blogger who nominated you
I’m following numbers one and three. As for two…well, if you’d like to participate (and you should, because it is fun) feel free to nominate yourself.
Here’s to You, Joe (Strummer)!
Joe Strummer died, tragically and unexpectedly, on 22 December 2002.
50 Things You Never Knew About The Clash [NME]-This list is great for anyone in need of a crash course on The Only Band That Matters.
Daily Diversion #241: Early Christmas Gift…
“Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn’t have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed.”-Joe Strummer
Happy Birthday, Mr. Strummer!
Joe Strummer would have been 62 today!
He’s one of the reasons that I am a decent person.
He is missed.