I should probably rename this regular feature, as it often spotlights artists, musicians, and other creative-types. Until I decide on a new one (suggestions welcome!), however, Book Nerd Links it shall remain.
- The Perseverance of Eve Babitz [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Step Inside Louise Bourgeois’s Beautifully Sacred Realm [ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST]
- The Interior Decorators of Bloomsbury [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Literary Critic Harold Bloom has died at 89. [LITERARY HUB]
- Joanne Kyger (1934-2017) (THE ALLEN GINSBERG PROJECT)
Thomas Lux, 1946-2017 [THE PARIS REVIEW]
I would be totally negligent if I didn’t acknowledge the death of author Richard Adams. He died on Christmas Eve at the age of 96.
Elie Wiesel, Auschwitz Survivor and Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Dies at 87 [THE NEW YORK TIMES]
“Don’t you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything.”-David Bowie
This week keeps getting worse, celebrity-wise.
“Imagination is the highest kite that can fly.”-Lauren Bacall, By Myself and Then Some
Peter Matthiessen, 1927-2014 [courtesy the Paris Review]