“We tell ourselves stories in order to live.”–The White Album
“I write entirely to find out what I’m thinking, what I’m looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.”
“I am a writer. Imagining what someone would say or do comes to me as naturally as breathing.”–The Year of Magical Thinking
What is on your end-of-winter book list? I’m finishing up preliminary work for my novella; as a result, I haven’t been able to devote too much time to reading. Here’s where I’m at this month…
Since 1st February, I’ve finished:
- Under the Big Black Sun: A Personal History of L.A. Punk by John Doe with Tom DeSavia and Friends (Foreword by Billie Joe Armstrong)
I’m Currently Reading:
- Treat Me Like Dirt: An Oral History of Punk in Toronto and Beyond 1977-1981 by Liz Worth
- Hotel Florida: Truth, Love, and Death in the Spanish Civil War by Amanda Vaill
- The Last Love Song: A Biography of Joan Didion by Tracy Daugherty
- Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life by William Finnegan
Which book on your list do you most look forward to reading, and why?
Please share with me in the comments!