- A Trove of Forgotten Writings Is Found in a Periodical Edited by Dickens [THE NEW YORK TIMES]
- Iris Murdoch’s Favorite Painting [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Archie is a Punk Rocker Now in Crossover ‘Archie’/Ramones Comic [FLAVORWIRE]
The introduction is slow, so feel free to skip straight to the good stuff: Iris talking. She’s fascinating.
- Title: Elegy for Iris
- Author: John Bayley
- Year Published: 1999 (St. Martin’s Press)
- Year Purchased: 2001?
- Source: Barnes & Noble clearance rack
- About: I get it, I really do: Iris Murdoch is one of those love them or hate them writers. The Sea, The Sea is one of my favourite novels of the later years of the 20th century, but I understand why her work isn’t for everyone. I don’t care where you stand on the subject of Iris-as-writer, if you aren’t affected to the point of tears whilst reading her husband’s memoir it can mean only one thing. You are dead inside. Continue reading