A is for Austen, Jane:
This is entirely unnecessary. No one in the world needs a Jane Austen cookie cutter. However, I give not one fig about practicality. I want one. I want one, like yesterday. Yes, please!
Curious? Go here to see it for yourself.
- Gorgeous Jane Austen Novel Illustrations From the Time Before Adaptations [courtesy Flavorwire]
- Gorgeous Vintage Illustrations of Dickens Novels in Full Color [courtesy Flavorwire]
- 25 Sources of Free Public Domain Books [courtesy EBOOK FRIENDLY]
JANE AUSTEN GIFT SHOP
We all have at least one Pride and Prejudice disciple in our lives. Simplify your shopping list by visiting this enchanting site dedicated to a large and partially exclusive line of Jane Austen goodies. The online store is the retail arm of The Jane Austen Centre, appropriately located in the English city of Bath (which means much to Jane addicts the world over). Let’s begin our shopping tour!
A FEW HIGHLIGHTS:
- JANE AUSTEN GIFT SHOP: GO HERE
- JANE AUSTEN WEBSITE: GO HERE
- PREDICTED SHOPPING TIME: FOR AUSTEN FANS: 30 MINUTES/FOR NON-FANS: 10 MINUTES
- BEST AWESOMELY UNEXPECTED ITEM: VARIOUS CLOTHESPIN DOLL KITS, INCLUDING THIS ONE
- PRICE POINT: REASONABLE
- BOOKWORM HAPPINESS SCORE (OUT OF A POSSIBLE 10): 8 FOR THE STORE/10+ FOR THE WEBSITE
FIRST STOP: EDWARD GOREY HOUSE STORE
BBC to Recreate Netherfield Ball for 200th Anniversary of Pride and Prejudice [courtesy of The Independent]
“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”-Jane Austen
Two of my favourite things, together at last.
I’m reading a dirty book and, no, it’s not Fifty Shades of…Anything. It’s worse. I picked it up last week at the dollar store. During check-out I hid it in the middle of a pile of cleaning supplies, but the cashier wasn’t fooled: she gave me side eye. Owning it makes me blush. I would never, ever be seen in public with it under my arm or nose. We’re friends, though, right? Right? Okay, good. I’m a bit shy about this sensitive subject, so I am going to divulge my secret in a photograph. Deep breath. Here it is: Continue reading