Western College for Women Yearbook (1918):
Today marks 10 years of marriage to The Chef! I wish that we could do something fantastic to celebrate, but alas! During a pandemic, it truly is enough to have each other and our love (so corny). Cheers to us…and anyone else celebrating something important during these awful times.
My mom’s business–a true labor of love for the whole family–finally opened in the Merion Village neighborhood of Columbus, on November 9th.
If you are local or know someone who is, please stop by/and or send them our way. We are there seven days a week.
Our bar space, serving cocktails and beer, is opening soon.
Austen & Company
1530 S. High St.
Columbus, Ohio 43207
I’m feeling it…
August 23, 2020:
- The Wicked Candor of Wanda Coleman [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- ‘Interrupt The Systems’: Robin DiAngelo On ‘White Fragility’ And Anti-Racism [NPR]
- 13 Movies About Authors [BOOK RIOT]
- 4 Exceptional Queer Poets For Your Pride Reading [BOOK RIOT]
- Painting of the Week: Caspar David Friedrich, Abbey in the Oakwood [DAILY ART MAGAZINE]
Lady Reading Poetry by Ishibashi Kazunori (1906):
This is a close-up of the wallpaper mural at Austen & Company. The Biblioteca Wallpaper is by Ekaterina Panikanova. Isn’t it delightful?