Today marks 10 years of marriage to The Chef! I wish that we could do something fantastic to celebrate, but alas! During a pandemic, it truly is enough to have each other and our love (so corny). Cheers to us…and anyone else celebrating something important during these awful times.
My mom’s business–a true labor of love for the whole family–finally opened in the Merion Village neighborhood of Columbus, on November 9th.
If you are local or know someone who is, please stop by/and or send them our way. We are there seven days a week.
Our bar space, serving cocktails and beer, is opening soon.
Austen & Company
1530 S. High St.
Columbus, Ohio 43207
I’m feeling it…
August 23, 2020:
- The Wicked Candor of Wanda Coleman [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- ‘Interrupt The Systems’: Robin DiAngelo On ‘White Fragility’ And Anti-Racism [NPR]
- 13 Movies About Authors [BOOK RIOT]
- 4 Exceptional Queer Poets For Your Pride Reading [BOOK RIOT]
- Painting of the Week: Caspar David Friedrich, Abbey in the Oakwood [DAILY ART MAGAZINE]
Lady Reading Poetry by Ishibashi Kazunori (1906):
This is a close-up of the wallpaper mural at Austen & Company. The Biblioteca Wallpaper is by Ekaterina Panikanova. Isn’t it delightful?
- The Collages of Max Ernst [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Poverty, Anxiety, and Gender in Scottish Working-Class Literature [LITHUB]
- ‘Little Legends’ Celebrates Big Lives Of Black History [NPR BOOKS]
As some of you know, my mom is opening a business…and it’s a family affair. Austen & Company is many parts that we hope will make a cohesive, if quirky, whole: Tea and tea accessories, coffee, desserts, books, art, events, curiosities, import snacks, and cocktails. Whew, that’s a lot!
We’re not open yet, but, this being 2020, Austen & Company is already on social media. Both our Instagram and Facebook pages are full of sneak peeks. We’re doing an Instagram series highlighting some of the books we’ll be selling in-store. Even if you’re not local, hey, who doesn’t like pretty pics of books?
Thanks for indulging me!