Today’s my birthday, so I’ll be away from my computer doing birthday things. See you tomorrow!
It’s that day of the year again.
This was originally published here on 7 December 2012. In what is turning into an annual tradition, I am re-posting it today in honor of its subject, my buddy Frank.
If you’re wondering why my posting has been spotty and brief, it’s because my beloved laptop died a few weeks ago. A new one is on its way from Amazon. Things should be back to normal sometime next week.
Please enjoy this early work by Dora Carrington, by way of apology.
Although I’m not officially celebrating my birthday until next week, I am going to see a Picasso exhibit with my family today. I’ll be back tomorrow. Have a great Sunday!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inspiration
- Books in Art: A Gallery of Women Reading Outdoors, in Lovely Weather
- Three Day Quote Challenge-Day Three: George Bernard Shaw and Joe Strummer
- Goodbye, Edith Wharton (and your little dogs, too)!
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Creepy
- Books in Art: Drawing of Elizabeth Siddal Reading
- The Model and the Mannequin
- Daily Diversion #273: Our New View
- Off Topic Post-The Life of Maria Callas: an animated journey through her life, loves and art
- Because This Photo of Edna St. Vincent Millay Will Always Be Extraordinary…
- Daily Diversion #267: Historical Marker
- Birthday Books
- Daily Diversion #268: Birthday Kettle
- Daily Diversion #269: Empty Nest
- “You and your Nero Wolfe recipes!”
- Hey, Georgie! It’s Your Birthday!
- Writers in Art: Caricature of W. Somerset Maugham
- Artistic Interpretations of The Tempest: #7-‘Miranda’ by Frederick Goodall
I recently noticed that A Small Press Life’s stats look great.
Thanks to everyone who is a part of this weird little community.
Right now, there are no words. I should be back in a couple of days.
(1 May 1927-15 May 2015)
I’m taking part in this year’s The Great Villain Blogathon. My review of Blanche Fury (1948), starring Valerie Hobson and Stewart Granger, is up on my blog Font and Frock.