- Penguin Drop Caps: Beautiful Books from A to Z [Abe Books]
- 10 Beautiful Bookshops That Will Stop You in Your Tracks [Abe Books]
- 27 Hilarious Literary Corrections That Will Ruin Your Trust In The Media [Huff Post Books]
- Robert Stone, Novelist of the Vietnam Era and Beyond, Dies at 77 [The New York Times]
- Astonish me with a book cover [The Washington Post]
- Leo Tolstoy’s theory of everything [Salon]
- The 50 Sexiest Literary Villains [Flavorwire]
So much to comment on here! Then penguin books are gorgeous, and those bookshops are places to LIVE IN! The book cover article was interesting, too, with the differences in cover design from hardcover to paperback.
These Book Nerd Links are like a subscription to a very cool virtual literary magazine – for free!
Thank you! I have fun sharing these.
You know how I love penguin books, as well as book cover art and design. And those book stores….
I know! Those bookstores!
You know, a secondhand bookshop has recently opened near us, and it is so charming. They sell cupcakes & pots of tea, and have small tables where you can sip tea and discuss books. It’s small, but it’s thoughtfully done and it’s become one of my new favourite places.
You basically described my dream business. 🙂
Oh my gosh! So much to look at here! The book stores are all amazing. I’d add Munro’s Books in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to the list. (Yes, there’s a family connection to Alice Munro.)
There are so many truly gorgeous boo shops around the world, which is heartening!
I just looked up pictures of Munro’s Books. What a lovely place!