I don’t know about you, but my To Be Read List doesn’t need more entries. It’s already massive, unwieldy, and intimidating. With summer officially here, though, it’s natural to dream of sunny days spent lingering over crisp new books. Warm weather adds a refreshing quality to the act and art of reading. Why not take advantage of that fleeting feeling as frequently as possible?
What would you read this summer, if you had nothing but free time?
With this in mind, I’ve compiled seven themed reading lists. They include some of my favourite books, as well as intriguing looking ones that are new to me.
“It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.”-Oscar Wilde
- The Ghost and Mrs. Muir by R.A. Dick (BAS BLEU #UJ5352)-$14.95.
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (DOVER)-$7.95
- The Secret Rooms: The True Story of a Haunted Castle, a Plotting Duchess, and a Family Secret by Catherine Bailey (DAEDALUS BOOKS #52583)-$4.98
- Beowulf Translated by R.K. Gordon (DOVER)-$2.50
- The Tempest by William Shakespeare (DOVER)-$2.50
- Excellent Women by Barbara Pym (BARNES & NOBLE)-$12.10
- Wild Strawberries by Angela Thirkell (BAS BLEU #UK0172)-$13.95
- The Technique of the Love Affair: By a Gentlewoman Edited and Annotated by Norrie Epstein (Amazon)-Prices Vary
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons (BARNES & NOBLE)-$13.22
- The Owl Who Liked Sitting on Caesar by Martin Windrow (BAS BLEU #UJ7662)-$17.00
BECAUSE I SAID SO: Continue reading