What is on your book list, as the new year begins? Are you binge-reading your way into 2017, or taking a break from a well-read 2016? I’m off to a slow start, mostly because I am writing a novella of my own. Here’s where I’m at so far…
Since 1st January, I’ve finished:
- Beautiful Boredom: Idleness and Feminine Self-Realization in the Victorian Novel by Lee Anna Maynard
- Everybody Behaves Badly: The True Story Behind Hemingway’s Masterpiece The Sun Also Rises by Lesley M. M. Blume
Ernest Hemingway, with Harold Loeb, Lady Duff Twysden, Hadley Richardson (Hemingway), Donald Ogden Stewart, and Pat Guthrie
I’m currently reading:
- Trotsky: Downfall of a Revolutionary by Bertrand M. Patenaude
- The Electrifying Fall of Rainbow City: Spectacle and Assassination at the 1901 World’s Fair by Margaret Creighton
To be read by 31 January:
- Across an Untried Sea: Discovering Lives Hidden in the Shadow of Convention and Time by Julia Markus
Which book on your list do you most look forward to reading, and why?
Please share with me in the comments!