If I’m not reading, I’m adding books to my to-be-read list. That list is monstrously long–maybe not a mile, but getting there!
Here are some of my newest additions, courtesy of the Spring Preview 2016 Catalog from Daedalus Books.
- Beautiful Shadow: A Life of Patricia Highsmith by Andrew Wilson (#60392). $4.98.
- The Bohemians: Mark Twain and the San Francisco Writers Who Reinvented American Literature by Ben Tarnoff (#60993). $5.98.
- The Calvin Handbook Edited by Herman J. Selderhuis (#60437). $6.98.
- Zaida Ben-Yusuf: New York Portrait Photographer Contributions by Frank H. Goodyear, Elizabeth O. Wiley & Jobyl A. Boone (#41026). $6.98.
- Charles Dickens’ Favorite Daughter: The Life, Loves, and Art of Katey Dickens Perugini by Lucinda Hawksley (#51293). $5.98.
- All the Poems by Stevie Smith (#69176). $27.95.
- The Roosevelts: An Intimate History by Geoffrey C. Ward and Ken Burns (#60819). #12.98.
- The True Benjamin Franklin: An Illuminating Look Into the Life of One of Our Greatest Founding Fathers by Sydney George Fisher (#54011). $4.98.
- The Poetry of William Carlos Williams of Rutherford by Wendell Berry (#53435). $3.98.
- Etta and Otto and Russell and James by Emma Hooper (#54592). $4.98.
- Queen Anne: The Politics of Passion by Anne Somerset (#54294). $6.98.
- The Dragon Throne: China’s Emperors from the Qin to the Manchu by Jonathan Fenby (#61060). $5.98.
- The 1900s: Britain in Pictures Edited by Paul Richardson (#54183). $5.98.
- The 1910s: Britain in Pictures Edited by Paul Richardson (#54184). $5.98.