What is on your reading list this month?
Have you given yourself permission to take it easy, as the year comes to a close?
Or, as we race the clock to 2016, are you trying to stuff as many books into your brain as possible?
I am doing the latter.
Very much the latter.
Since 1 November, I’ve finished:
- Holding on Upside Down: The Life and Work of Marianne Moore by Linda Leavell
- Eleanor Marx: A Life by Rachel Holmes
- Benjamin Britten: A Life for Music by Neil Powell
- All Art is Propaganda: Critical Essays by George Orwell
- Careless People: Murder, Mayhem, and the Invention of The Great Gatsby by Sarah Churchwell
- Gloria Swanson: The Ultimate Star by Stephen Michael Shearer
- Vintage Reading: From Plato to Bradbury: A Personal Tour of Some of the World’s Best Books by Robert Kanigel
- A Woman of Temperament by Lucile Duff Gordon (in progress)
To Be Read by 30 November:
- Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller (the only novel on the list!)
- Edith Wharton by Hermione Lee
- Madcap May: Mistress of Myth, Men & Hope by Richard Kurin
- White Heat: The Friendship of Emily Dickinson and Thomas Wentworth Higginson by Brenda Wineapple
- The Mad Potter: George E. Ohr Eccentric Genius by Jan Greenberg & Sandra Jordan
- Oscar Micheaux: The Great and Only: The Life of America’s First Black Filmmaker by Patrick McGilligan
And, if I finish all of these…I have Michel de Montaigne’s essays waiting in the wings.
What is your favourite book this month?
Which book on your list are you most looking forward to reading?
Please share with me in the comments!