- Title: The Medieval World Europe 1100-1350
- Author: Friedrich Heer
- Year Published: 1961/This Edition: 1998 (WELCOME RAIN)
- Year Purchased: 2000/2001
- Source: Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller Company
- About: A modern, scholarly classic that remains enjoyably readable whilst sparing no attention to detail.
- Motivation: I felt a need to brush up on my Medieval European history. No, really.
- Times Read: 1
- Random Excerpt/Page: “Our contemporary European societies, both Western and Eastern, in many ways continue to live on their medieval inheritance. History is the present, and the present is history. When we look more closely into the crises and catastrophes, the hopes and fears of our own day, whether we know it or not we are concerned with developments whose origins can be traced back directly or indirectly to their source in the high Middle Ages.”
- Happiness Scale: 9
A Year in Books/Day 30: The Medieval World Europe 1100-1350