Researching J also means researching her husband, R, and his career. Being twenty-one years older, his advent as an entertainer and theatrical manager nearly coincided with his future wife’s birth. Later, their showbiz careers were inextricably connected for the two decades preceding his death.
Going down all of these necessary by-roads and highways is one of the reasons I expect my research to take around five years.
RESEARCH NOTES WEEK 6:
- VICTORY: Once again carving out “enough” time for my research.
- HAPPY DISCOVERY: A three-page spread about R and his various theatrical and musical companies, in a 1910 issue of Lyceumite & Talent.
- FRUSTRATION: Not being able to read all the things all at once.
- CURRENTLY READING: Frommer’s Nashville & Memphis
- HOURS SPENT ON RESEARCH: 7
Until next time!