This last week was extremely busy for non-research reasons. After years of hard work, my mom’s little tea/coffee shop/bookstore/art gallery/bar finally opened. It has been all hands on deck since last Wednesday. I couldn’t dedicate as much time as normal to my bio subject, J, managing about 30 minutes each day. That is the absolute minimum time that I’m happy with, preferring to dedicate at least 10 hours per week to this project. As busy as I’ve been, though, I’ll consider this a victory.
I’m still doing tons of reading. Books and periodicals. Once I get through this week, it’ll be back to regular morning “office hours” up in my studio. I’ve found that’s the best way to plow through big information searches/dumps. It’s tiring, at first, for this night owl but, hey, that is what a big cuppa is for.
RESEARCH NOTES WEEK 5:
- VICTORY: Not falling asleep whilst reading late at night, haha.
- HAPPY DISCOVERY: Finding a brief notice of J in a 1922 issue of The Music News.
- FRUSTRATION: So tired. Overworked. Not doing all the things.
- CURRENTLY READING: The August 1910 issue of Lyceumite & Talent
- HOURS SPENT ON RESEARCH: 3 1/2
Until next time!
Wow – sounds like your life is going Full Tilt. So many exciting things!
And then some, haha. Very stressful but, well, interesting.
Pingback: Writing a Life Not My Own – Alternative Muses