- Title: Redheads
- Author: Joel Meyerowitz
- Year Published: 1991 (Rizzoli International Publications, Inc.)
- Year Purchased: 2000?
- Source: Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller Company
- About: This photography book is a visual declaration of love to all redheads. The subjects are real people-male and female, of all ages. No models, no insane airbrushing. There are freckles, wrinkles, imperfections and wildly different personal styles. The images are easily dated to the period of publication but are otherwise lovely.
- Motivation: Ahem. I’m a natural ginger.
- Times Read: Several.
- Random Excerpt/Page 17: “Photography quite often overturns preconceptions. In this burst of curiosity about what a portrait is and how to go about making it, I discovered that, out of a hundred or so portraits I had made during an intensive month’s work some summers ago, thirty-five were of redheads. How had that happened?”
- Happiness Scale: 7
Of course I love this.
Well, naturally! 🙂