If my soul could sing, it would sound like Joe Strummer.
Joe Strummer: 21 August 1952-22 December 2002
She died on this day in 1762:
Edward Gorey’s Books of Eerie Glory [AbeBooks]
This is a nice piece about one of my favourite artists and writers. It’s well-illustrated with many of his book covers.
- The Startling Poetry of a Nearly Forgotten Japanese Modernist [THE NEW YORKER]
- Smoking with Lucia Berlin [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Vengeance, Death, Blood, and Revenge [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- I Think I Would Rather Be a Painter [THE PARIS REVIEW]
- Bikini Kill to Reissue Debut Record With Three Previously Unreleased Tracks [FLAVORWIRE]
- 6 Quick Ways to Jump-Start Your Creativity [FLAVORWIRE]
16 August 1920:
Legendary writer Edith Wharton died on 11 August 1937. She was seventy-five.
Here she is, in her twenties, with her two vicious looking little dogs. I bet they liked biting strangers’ ankles.
The rules call for one quote per day. Ever the rebel, I’m ending the challenge with two. I will not choose between my favourite (dead) writers, and you can’t make me! Waaaahhhhh!
Thus ends this fun exercise. Thanks for reading!
I was nominated for the Three Day Quote Challenge by Sita Rasa. Thanks so much!
Here are the actual “rules” for the quote challenge:
– Post one quote for three days (they may be your words or from another source)
– Nominate three bloggers each day to participate
– Thank the blogger who nominated you
I’m following numbers one and three. As for two…well, if you’d like to participate (and you should, because it is fun) feel free to nominate yourself.