- William Makepeace Thackeray was born on 7/18/1811. “A good laugh is sunshine in the house.”
- Jane Austen died on 7/18/1817. “A person who can write a long letter with ease, cannot write ill.”
- Clifford Odets was born on 7/18/1906. “Life shouldn’t be printed on dollar bills.”
- Hunter S. Thompson was born on 7/18/1937. “Buy the ticket, take the ride.”
- Hart Crane was born on 7/21/1899. “Love: a burnt match skating in the urinal.”
- Ernest Hemingway was born on 7/21/1899. “As you get older it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary.”
All images are courtesy of Wikimedia Commons and are in the public domain.
I’m still toiling away at my Colossally Annoying Studio Clean-Out Project, Version 2012. I’m 90 percent there, aesthetically speaking. It took many dedicated hours to reach this point. A mental weight of approximately 999 pounds has been lifted! Unfortunately, the hard work is about to begin: sorting through the papers and notebooks hiding away in drawers and cabinets. Egads, do not get me started on this or I will shrink away in horror from the task. To right my mind, before dutifully getting back to my boring task, I am going to leave you with some cuddly puppy photographs as my Daily Diversion. It beats a progress photo of my studio any day.
Jennifer over at Quirk’n It made me think about crabs and, when I think about crabs, I think about my honeymoon. No, do not go there. We are discussing crustaceans here. Focus, people. This is a clean web-site (well, mostly). Enjoy these photos of my sweet dog, and wedding present, Duncan, trying his mightiest to catch a ghost crab (any ghost crab) on the beach in front of our honeymoon condo. He tried for a week, and came up empty after every effort.